Sports seasons are year-round these days and I am always looking for ways for my family to show our support for our favorite teams! So, I decided to design a quick and easy crochet cowl that had two colors that would work for any team and any sport.
This cowl is worked using the grit stitch II to give it a bit of texture and not just a straight line around or up and down. I went with just one row of the complementary color to really make it stand out. You can use any two colors, or more! Because this is a repeating pattern, you can make it bigger or smaller as you like. It works up really quickly, so you can outfit the whole family before the big game!
Be sure to check out the matching wrist warmer pattern too!
Crochet Team Cowl Pattern
Caron simply soft in two colors of your team
H crochet hook
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
Work this stitch in multiples of 2 + 1, adding 2 to your base chain
In color 1:
Row 1 – skip 2 ch which counts as your first sc, work 1 dc into next ch, *skip 1 ch, work 1 sc and 1 dc into the next ch, repeat from * to the last 2 ch, skip 1 ch and then work 1 sc into the last ch, turn
Row 2 – ch 1 which counts as 1 sc, work 1 dc into the 1st st, *skip 1 dc, work 1 sc and 1 dc into next sc, repeat from * to the last two sts, skip 1 dc, work 1 sc into the top of the turning ch, turn.
Row 3-14 – Repeat Row 2.
In color 2:
Row 15-16 – repeat row 2.
In color 1:
Row 17-18 – repeat row 2.
Sl st two ends together using color 1, weave in ends to finish.
Tips and Other Ideas:
- Need a bigger cowl, increase your original chain. Just make sure to stick with the multiples of 2+1 (plus 1 on base chain) number and you are good!
- Want to use more than two colors? Just swap out two rows for another color. You could even make this half and half or stripes.
- You could also work this pattern in the round if you prefer to do that rather than seaming at the end. Just sl st to join after the first row and use a marker to mark your first stitch.
Looking for other crochet patterns to use to support your team?
- Try our Back Loop Only scarf in your team colors.
- Work these matching Team Wrist Warmers to make your outfit complete.
- You could also go big and warm with the Infinity Wrap.
Share this pattern to Pinterest!