Looking for a quick yarn gift that you can make and keep on hand to give as a gift? This easy DIY bookmark is a great option! Your kids can help and you have a ton of options to customize this project. This is a laminated bookmark with a yarn pom pom. This yarn pom pom bookmark is super easy to make and looks awesome!
Last fall, my daughter wanted to make a gift to take to school for friends. She wanted to make them something, but didn’t have time to crochet something for everyone. So, we came up with this bookmark. I love that we can customize it to whatever we wanted! If we wanted to create something with a logo, we could just print that and use it! So, this would be a great project for a PTO or sports team or just to advertise too.
These links are affiliate links to Amazon. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we get a small commission. There is no additional charge to you!
- cardstock or scrapbooking paper of choice
- scissors or paper trimmer
- Clover mini pom pom maker
- yarn of choice
- laminating pouches – 3 ml (thinner), 5ml (thicker)
- hole punch
Easy DIY Bookmark with Yarn Pom Pom Instructions:
Cut your paper/cardstock to 1.5 inches by 6 inches.
Place the bookmarks into the laminating pouch. Leave space between each bookmark to allow you to cut around.
Laminate, then cut out the bookmarks leaving a small edge of laminating film around the edge.
Punch one hole in the top center.
Wind yarn around pom pom maker and cut according to the instructions.
Tie the ends around and leave about 4 to 5 inches of yarn tails.
Join the two tails and then push the end through the hole of the bookmark and slip the pom pom through the end of the yarn to attach it to the bookmark.
Tips and Additional Ideas:
- You could use any size paper as long as it fits within the size of the laminating pouch you use.
- You could also use a shaped hole punch to make a different design or add more flair and interest or to match the paper or theme.
- If you want to use two colors of yarn for the pom pom, you can wrap one side with one color, then wrap the other side with the second color.
- You can print paper or write/draw on it before you laminate and make it even more customized.