I love sports! I also love to show my love of my favorite sports team in the clothes and accessories I wear. However, I don’t always want to pay for team merchandise because it can add up for a family of four! So, I decided to come up with some quick and simple designs that I could crochet and use to support all our teams! I created this matching set of a team cowl and team wrist warmers that are great for beginners.
These crochet wrist warmers are super easy to make and are also easy to adjust! They use a repeating pattern, so you can make them larger or smaller as you need. You can also use more than two colors if you prefer. These are the perfect accessories for fall and spring games!
Crochet Team Wrist Warmers Pattern
Caron simply soft in two colors of your team
H crochet hook
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
Work this stitch in multiples of 2 + 1, adding 2 to your base chain
In color 1:
Row 1 – skip 2 ch which counts as your first sc, work 1 dc into next ch, *skip 1 ch, work 1 sc and 1 dc into the next ch, repeat from * to the last 2 ch, skip 1 ch and then work 1 sc into the last ch, turn
Row 2 – ch 1 which counts as 1 sc, work 1 dc into the 1st st, *skip 1 dc, work 1 sc and 1 dc into next sc, repeat from * to the last two sts, skip 1 dc, work 1 sc into the top of the turning ch, turn.
Row 3-15 – Repeat Row 2.
In color 2:
Row 16-17 – repeat row 2.
In color 1:
Row 18-19 – repeat row 2.
Fold right sides together and slip stitch together – leave thumb hole open about 2 inches from top.
Weave in ends and turn right side out
Repeat pattern for other hand
Tips and Other Ideas:
- Measure to get the best fit! These are made for my hands, so if you need something smaller or bigger or if you prefer something longer, then just adjust the pattern by adding rows or stitches. To make it longer, then add rows. To make it wider, add stitches in the multiples of 2 format. To make it narrower, reduce by the multiples of 2. Just make sure you still have multiples of 2+1 (plus 1 for your base chain).
- Use multiples colors if you need to! You can put in any colors you like or move the stripe around. Since it is a repeating pattern, just adjust it how you like it!
- You can use ribbon to seam up the sides if you want a more feminine look! Lace the ribbon through and tie a bow at the wrist.
Other patterns to support your team:
- Of course, you should make our matching Team Cowl!
- Need a quick scarf for the kids? Try this one that my daughter designed – Squishy Rainbow Scarf pattern.
Don’t forget to share on Pinterest!